CLICK AND SHOP

Friday, September 12, 2014

Virgin Adokiye Kyrian. one time Singer, now Actress, presently Imo State Youth Ambassador. READ.


Adokiye Kyrian is no longer talking of her virginity, she has switched to telling us about her journey into the movie world, her job as Imo State youth ambassador and other issues, the Adokiye way. In this interview with Iyabo Aina, hear what she told her.
Does that mean you are leaving music for movie?
Well, I have been working on (movies I got called to do.)if i hear as na you be best actress( And the movies are yet to come out. Pretty soon they will be in the market and on the streets then you would see what I can do as an actress. The cast includes Bob Manuel Udoku, Chinyere Wilfred, Joyce Kalu, Uche Odoputa, Harry B, among others.
Never, how can I leave Music when I am just starting the business? I am not going anywhere. But the truth is movie-making is very interesting and entertaining just as well as music. I believe as film makers they know what they saw in me. So I decided to try out that part of entertainment because as an entertainer I intend to be an all-round entertainer
.
How will you be able to handle the two together?
With hard work, I am handling them perfectly well
How would you cope with sexual harassment in the movie industry?
There is nothing like sexual harassment. Don’t let any girl deceive you. No director, marketer, Producer or film maker would harass anybody sexually. Those girls saying it do so to get noticed by the directors, producers, marketers and the rest of them.
And some of them are not even good artists. The only way they thought they could get movie roles is to offer their body. When they get disappointed on account of their own inabilities to put up good performances at auditions, they come out crying that so and so have sexually harassed them. It is the order of the day among some wannabe actresses.
But those that are good at what they do get work and would not come out to tell you they have been sexually harassed.
Although harassment is everywhere, be it in Nollywood, in the offices, even in the music industry. It is the same story everywhere but it hardly what you would call sexual harassment. When two people fancy each other and decide to go for each other, I don’t think that qualifies as sexual harassment.
In fact, I think some girls are the ones harassing the film-makers sexually because they offer themselves to these people because of their lack of talent. If you ask me,I think a lot of girls should be educated on this issue of sexual harassment in Nollywood.
So, what is the secret behind your still being a virgin?
(Laughs) Should we talk about this virgin thing again? Well don’t you think a very young girl at 23 still owes that much to herself ?
You were recently appointed as Imo State youth ambassador, how has the experience been since you resumed office?
First of all, I am from Imo State. So, I believe working relentlessly in a State where I am from should be paramount in my mind. No doubt, the experience has been awesome, especially when you consider the task of educating the youths to take education seriously.
A lot of youths in Nigeria should understand that no matter what you want to become in life, education must come first. There is no better legacy a generation can bequeathe the next generation than education. My task in Imo state is about educating the youths to take education seriously and I have been doing that to the best of my ability.
What have you been able to impact since you started ?
Well, I try my best to make sure I treat the issue in any state I see myself. I organize small seminars, symposiums and gatherings just to reach out to the youths. I also use the Internet to reach out to youths, not only in Nigeria but also in diaspora. The truth is, I will cover a lot and do really great if I get help, tools and the necessary things from the government. I can’t do much if my government doesn’t assist as much as they should.
Take for an instance, the issue of terrorism. I believe the best way to fight it is through education. With proper education our youths would realise terrorism brings nothing but destruction to them and their lives. Same goes for armed robbery and other dangerous crimes. If a child attends a good school, has textbooks, computers for researches and other things he/she will never remember to look for guns or machetes.
I have a mission and a purpose here on earth and one of them is to fight for good education for youths like me. I know the benefits of getting educated because I was opportune to be and it will be a waste if I don’t help others to see these benefits.
What are the challenges of occupying such a position?
With God all things are possible, though it will be easier if I get help from the government like I said. Because without financial support, I won’t be able to do all I want to do.   And I get turned down most times when I seek assistance from government to carry out my duties. Perhaps the government is assisting but they don’t know exactly where I want to take this thing to but I will appreciate it better if they assist me more
How do you react to controversies about you on social media?
Controversies? It comes with the profession. I am an entertainer and people have different views of things, no matter how it’s put out there. I just do what’s right, that’s all.
If a concept warrants your going nude in a movie or music video, would you do it?
Well firstly, I want to say I am not a nude artist. I am a phenomenal woman. Topless and teasing is different from going nude. My answer is no, I won’t go nude for any role.
What qualities do you look for in a man?
Any man that adores and respects me and above all, respects my mother too.
What do you consider as the sexiest part of your body?
I have never asked myself that question before but I like to believe that all parts are sexy. It’s just a matter of which part someone finds more appealing.

No comments: